Thursday 30 April 2009

Music Update


Well we have had a week or so of rehearsals, and looked at the whole show in a rough form trying scenes out with the music I have recorded. It seems we are quite well prepared, both in terms of hitting the right mood and the right kinds of lengths of pieces. That said there have been a whole bunch of alterations, about 12 new files are lurking on my USB stick ready to go in to the mac.

The big gap going in to rehearsals was music for much of the red guard scene. Perhaps I was avoiding it having done enough sound tracks to atrocities for Horse + Bamboo: Nazis in 'Company of Angels', rape, refugees and explosions in 'Veil'... Anyway, the cast improvised some very strong scenes which proved inspiring. So the last couple of days I have been pounding away on the synth in marching rhythm and playing about with samples of snare drums and Chairman Mao speeches. We shall see if it hits the nail on the head in the course of this week.

I have also been thinking about other matters, we are planning to make podcast or at least an audio file with interviews on about Little Leap Forward. Today I have been recording Mark, Alison, Bob and myself holding forth about the show.


Loz Kaye

No comments:

Post a Comment