Wednesday 15 April 2009



Hi, I’m Jayne and today is my last day of a 2-week internship at Horse + BambooTheatre. What an experience! I suspected during my first visit to “the Boo” last June that the building was a place bustling with a host of various creative goings-on, with everyone involved. It was true. During the past two weeks, it seems the entire company has been literally buzzing with the thrill and excitement only the last few weeks leading to a new production can provide. Working in the shop has felt like being inside one of the special pods where the magic is made.


There seems to be both a heightened focus and increasing anticipation as the makers add those special details to each prop and puppet, and the masks and set move are finalized. Alison shopping for hair for the character “Blue” maks, Bob perfecting his calligraphy on the set of Little Leap Forward’s house, Vanessa working on meticulously cut shadow puppets and Mark finishing the hand puppets… it is such a pleasure to watch this show come together. I really look forward to reading this blog while I am back at Ecole Philippe Gaulier in Paris, imagining how the rehearsals will coming along, the dress rehearsal, and then… opening night! I hope “Little Leap Forward” tours to France one day, but before then I just might have to make a special trip out to see the last showing at Horse + Bamboo's Puppet Festival.


Jayne

No comments:

Post a Comment